How Does It Work?
If you have an e-reading device, a favorite app for your smartphone or tablet, or even a computer, you can read ebook files you purchased direct from my store.
Books you buy direct from me can be read on:
- iPads & iPhones
- Android & Windows Phones
- Apples & PCs
- Other Tablets and Readers
- Just about anything!
After purchase, you’ll receive an email from the nice folks at BookFunnel. It will include your book files plus links to find out how to add the book files to the reader or app of your choice.
Or you can even use the free BookFunnel app to store and read your book files on iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire devices. Learn more about the app here.
And if anything is tricky at all, BookFunnel reps will offer free support, and even let me know what’s going on in case I need fix a file!
Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org after purchase to download your ebook.
Why Should You Buy Direct?
A few reasons!
- Better Pricing: I don’t have to give 30% of your payment to Amazon or another bookstore. I keep everything except transaction fees, which means my store has lower prices than all major retailers. Just compare and see the difference. My books are always at least 20% cheaper on my own store. Plus, you'll find site-exclusive sales.
- Early Releases: I always release new books to my store a week or more before I release them to major retailers.
- Own Your Files: Major retailers sell you ebooks by licensing you files. Often you can’t even find these files in a directory on your computer in order to move them around, and they’re trapped inside the retailer’s app. When you buy direct, the files are yours, to be read as you please, when you please – even if the retailer goes out of business, or if you change e-reader types.
Yes, there’s more!
Once you learn how to shop direct and access your own book files, it’s just a matter of time before you’re finding books all over the place.
- The Library App Libby features Send-to-Kindle, so that you can access your library books through your Kindle app or device with one click.
- You can use NetGalley and other sites offering Advance Review Copies of books to find new releases offered free in exchange for a review when you’ve finished, and easily read the books on your preferred device.
- Your favorite authors don’t stop writing. The difference in margin and the absence of royalty-destroying programs like no-questions-asked returns or exclusivity requirements for subscription services makes author direct purchasing a game-changer for niche writers.
But Natalie, I want to read with a monthly subscription!
I totally get that. If you want to read my books with a subscription-based model, you have a few options. You can use KoboPlus or Scribd, which have monthly subscriptions for unlimited books – including many of my titles.
Or, you can join my Patreon, and for $5/month, you’ll receive every ebook I produce in a year (along with other benefits like advance alpha and beta reading, exclusive audiobook download codes, and more). Choose the annual payment option and get 10% off. If you joined with an annual membership at the beginning of 2022 and paid $54, you now have access to every book I release in 2022 – and the plan is for ten releases! Learn more about Patreon here.